Kalpamrit Moringa Powder
FACTS TO KNOW: Kalpamrit Moringa Powder is made from naturally-dried moringa leaves. It has a delicious spinachy green flavour and is:
As Moringa Powder is a natural source of these nutrients, it is highly bioavailable, so our bodies can absorb the benefits more easily than by taking synthetic supplements.
1. REDUCTION OF TIREDNESS & FATIGUE At any given time, 1 in 5 people feel unusually tired, and 1 in 10 have prolonged fatigue, according to the Royal College of Psychiatrists in the UK.
A single serving of Aduna Moringa Powder (10g or 2-3 teaspoons) provides: Iron: 32.2% of your daily requirement (NRV) Vitamin A: 18.9% of NRV Iron is essential for the reduction of tiredness and fatigue in the body, and vitamin A supports the metabolism of iron ensuring a greater uptake. Adding moringa to your daily routine is an effective, natural way to prevent tiredness and fatigue. The rich iron content of moringa powder also makes it ideal for vegan, vegetarians and those suffering from anaemia.
2. SKIN Moringa Powder has been heralded by Vogue magazine as "redefining beauty from within. It is jam-packed with skin-loving vitamins including: Vitamin A: 18.9% of NRV Vitamin E: 16.9% of NRV Vitamin A is essential for healthy, radiant skin and vitamin E protects cells from oxidative stress helping fight the signs of ageing. Moringa also has one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food. With an ORAC value of 157,000, it has 6x the antioxidants of goji berries and comparable levels to the antioxidant powerhouse matcha. Antioxidants are essential for protecting, repairing and preventing cell damage, minimising the ageing process of the skin in the long-term. They help counteract oxidative stress and the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen causing skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and premature ageing. Read our article about antioxidants and why we need them here. The skin benefits of moringa are so exceptional that Aduna Moringa Powder is one of the first food items to ever be sold in the beauty hall of prestigious London department store Liberty.
3. IMMUNITY One of the best moringa benefits is its super immune-boosting powers. Maintaining a healthy immune system is essential for helping our bodies stave off infections and illnesses. Moringa Oleifera leaves are an extremely rich source of: Iron: 32.2% of NRV Vitamin A: 18.9% of NRV Both of which are essential for the normal function of the immune system. Many studies have been done about moringa's potential as an anti-cancer agent. Moringa leaves have been shown to have beneficial properties in the fight against both breast and colon cancer cells and research is ongoing.
4. MUSCLE GROWTH Moringa oleifera leaves are almost 25% protein, which is unusually high for a plant. Kalpamrit Moringa Powder contains 9 essential amino acids making it a complete source of protein, supporting the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. The high protein content of moringa makes it particularly beneficial for vegans and vegetarians who can struggle to get a sufficient protein supply. Try shaking it into a smoothie for a post/pre workout boost, or simply sprinkling some on your roasted vegetables for an easy way to increase your protein intake!
5. ANTI-STRESS A 2010 study in the Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics confirmed that the leaves of the moringa tree are a powerful, natural adaptogen. Never heard of them? Adaptogens are herbs or plants that protect the body from the toxic effects of stress. Used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, they help reduce stress and improve attention and endurance in the face of fatigue. Studies indicate that adaptogens not only help the body to cope with stress, but can enhance general health and performance. Why not swap your morning coffee for our Mint, Nettle & Moringa Super Tea and say hello to a stress-free day!
6. DIGESTION Moringa powder is a rich source of calcium (24.7% NRV) which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes. It also contains 24% fibre which can help support a healthy digestive system and bowel regularity. Fibre can also be helpful for weight management as it helps you feel fuller for longer and supports a healthy metabolism.
7. ENERGY RELEASE Moringa is a rich source of iron (32.2% NRV) and calcium (24.7% NRV), both of which support energy-yielding metabolism. A green smoothie with moringa in the morning will keep you feeling nice and energised all day!
8. VISION Having healthy eyes and normal vision is something that can often be taken for granted but requires the right nutrition on order to maintain normal function. Moringa is a source of vitamin A (18.9% NRV per serving) which contributes to normal vision.
9. ANTI-DIABETIC Typically used in traditional medicines, recent scientific studies have confirmed that moringa is in fact a successful way to treat diabetes, and is proven to decrease blood glucose level. Additionally, further research has shown that those eating a diet rich in plant proteins can reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D). A 19 year study by the University of Eastern Finland has found that replacing just 5 grams of meat-based protein consumption a day with a plant-based source, could reduce risk of T2D onset by as much as 18% - moringa contains 25% plant protein.
10. BONES Maintaining strong and healthy bones is an important component of overall health. Moringa oleifera leaves are a rich source of vitamin K (158.7% NRV), protein (25%) and calcium (24.7% NRV) all of which support normal bones.